Today, Burberry announces the reopening of its store at Rex Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, after a period of refurbishment. Now featuring the new global luxury design concept, the Rex Hotel store is the first within the region to be recreated with the new global design, following flagship stores in London and Paris.
Designed in collaboration with renowned architect Vincenzo De Cotiis, the new global luxury design concept sees iconic house codes stylistically reinterpreted and luxuriously realised. Taking inspiration from the evolution of the signature Burberry Check, the concept couples mirrored ceilings with intersecting metallic grids and roaming tiled chequerboard floors, each reflecting one another and creating a sense of openness. The core colours of the iconic check are also explored throughout the store in a variety of textures, from concrete and ceramics to high-gloss finishes, juxtaposing brutalist elements with elevated materials to create a distinctly modern feel.
The new Rex Hotel store will house a selection of menswear and womenswear from the Autumn/Winter 2022 Pre-Collection. Featured pieces include botanical sketch prints on oversized hoodies and T-shirts, as well as bright orange map prints on mesh T-shirts, short-sleeved shirts and shorts. Signature outerwear will also feature car coats and trenches, including the Waterloo in dark olive green and soft fawn, and the Kensington in soft fawn.
Accessories available within the store include iconic bags in a range of new colourways and fabrics, including pistachio and peach pink, the new Thomas Burberry Monogram print and needle-punch cotton canvas. The store will also house a mini Pocket Bag and Freya tote bag in orange, with leather tan detailing – both of which are available to purchase exclusively in Thailand. Other accessories include classic Burberry check wool-silk scarves, bucket hats, baseball caps and Thomas Bear charms.
About the Store
- Address: 141 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe ward, district 1, HCMC
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 09:30am- 09:30pm
About Vincenzo De Cotiis
- Vincenzo De Cotiis was born in 1958 in Gonzaga, Italy.
- He studied architecture at the Politecnico di Milano and founded his studio in Milan where he lives and works.
- Research, abstraction and nature guide his interior architecture interventions, as well as art and collectible design pieces.
- De Cotiis creates sculptural spaces that evoke physical and intellectual experiences, on the cusp of art and architecture, with no boundaries.
- The fertile dialogue between old and new is one of the cornerstones of his work. History breaks free in the spaces where the line between past and future blends.
- Considered a pioneer of the international collectible design scene, De Cotiis creates unique and limited-edition projects. His interests in the passage of time and historical memory inflect pieces that combine luxurious materials with unexpected textured details.
- Selected pieces are available through the artist’s gallery in Milan, Carpenters Workshop Gallery, and at leading global art and design fairs such as Art Basel, Art Paris, Design Miami / Basel, Dubai Design Week, FIAC, Frieze, FOG, PAD London, TEFAF Maastricht, TEFAF New York, The Armory Show and Zona Maco.
- In 2019, Vincenzo De Cotiis’s work was presented at the Museo Franz Mayer, Mexico City and at the Ca’d’Oro during the Venice Biennale.
About the Product:
The Autumn/Winter 2022 Pre-Collection:
- The collection celebrates style and identity, togetherness and freedom, nature and the outdoors.
- A modern twist on the house codes that have made Burberry the brand it is today. An eclectic British style melded with exploration and the ability to go beyond.
- The collection delves into the outdoors. Signature outerwear is refreshed in new oversized silhouettes with reconstructed details – inspired by a youthful and fresh interpretation of classic utility and exploration styles.
The Lola bag:
- The Lola bag is an evolution of the TB bag.
- Available in a variety of sizes, the leather is quilted and padded to replicate the iconic Burberry check and features hand-stitched details and special twisted thread technique.
- Burberry is a global luxury brand headquartered in London, UK.
- Founded in 1856, Burberry is listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
- BURBERRY, Equestrian Knight Device, Burberry Check and the Thomas Burberry Monogram and Print are trademarks belonging to Burberry.